>If you only give yourself one thing this year, here’s my advice: sign up for the new term of fxphd, the highest-level graphics training available online. Term 4 is just about to start (even though you can sign up later) with a bunch of interesting classes lined up. Not only do you get great classes, you also get real-world footage to work with (like 1080P motion control passes of miniatures shot by the DoP of “Superman Returns”) that you can use on your showreel.
I’ve been a member since term 1, and even though I haven’t been able to follow all the classes (the day only has 24 hours) my collection of classes is safely backup up on several drives, as I plan on keeping them for reference for a long time. I’ve even put them all on my iPod so I can learn something new every day.
Trust me, this is the best $300 you’ll ever spend!
- AFX221 – After Effects Design and More
- BKD204 – Background Fundamentals
- DRW201 – Character Drawing and Development
- FCP211 – Intermediate Final Cut Pro II
- FLM101 – Introduction to Flame
- FLM201 – Introduction to Expressions
- MAX101 – 3DS Max for Compositors
- MAX201 – Advanced Rendering and Mental Ray
- MYA203 – Intermediate Maya III
- PNT201 – Matte Painting Production Techniques
- PSD203 – Photoshop CS3
- SHK101 – Introduction to Shake
- SHK201 – Intermediate Shake I
- RTO201 – Rotoscoping Techniques
- TOX101 – Introduction to Toxik I
- TOX102 – Introduction to Toxik II
When you sign up, please enter “humlan” in your sign-up form under “Referring Member,” which will give me access to an extra class (hmm, should I take the “Silhouette Roto” class or the “Matte Painting” class?)